i haven’t posted in a while. life is a whirlwind and sometimes the thing you enjoy the most gets pushed out of your schedule. some current thoughts:
- Turnstile’s new album is great
- A good book that I picked up recently after year since reading it the first time is The Glass Castle
- Punch is a band that I love
- Eating is hard sometimes
- I wonder who I will be in 10 years
Here are some photos I’ve taken recently. These were all taken using a Minolta 300si. I used a roll of color film (Fujifilm 400) and an unidentified roll of black and white film.
Yesterday, I went on a short day trip to the Sutro Baths and the nearby Land’s End.
The Sutro Baths are really neat because they used to be a large bathhouse filled with the water from the ocean, as well as one freshwater pool. They were created in the late 1800’s and were shut down in the 1960s. Once they were shut down, they were burned, and the cause was suspected to be arson. These ruins reminded me a lot of Knapp’s Castle in Santa Barbara. It was such a good day to go on a small hike. Land’s End was beautiful, it is right above the Sutro Baths, and it offers a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the water all over the bay. I really enjoyed seeing all the trees so close to the coast, I guess I never see that in Southern California beaches. It is also Fleet Week for the Navy, so there was a little airshow of Blue Angels flying overhead and near the bridge.
Hey there! I haven’t posted in 4 days, and really it’s because the rest of the minimalism challenge would be weird to write about. It seems more self-reflective than anything that I could even share with this whole internet.
Instead, I’ve got some reviews and lifestyle posts in store. So stay tuned, I promise I’m still alive.
Hey! I just finished 3 midterms in 2 days, and I am pooped. But I still sort of partook in these challenges!
Day 13 told me to clean out my closet. Simple enough. This past summer I did a MAJOR closet revamp where I essentially donated or sold half of my closet. It’s been totally fine living without those clothing items, it really has. I downsized even more when I moved to San Francisco. So my closet is pretty bare bones. I’ll discuss.
In my closet, I have:
- 2 sweatshirts
- 3 cardigans
- 1 robe
- 2 heavier coat things
- 1 jean jacket
- 1 army jacket
- 3 dresses
- 3 pullover sweaters
- 5 tee shirts
- 2 long sleeve shirts
- 4 pairs of jeans
- 4 skirts
- 7 pairs of shoes
So really, it’s not too much but it’s also normal and suits my needs. Minimalism is about what brings you joy and what you actually, realistically use.
Day 14 is taking a step towards a new skill. Lucky for me, I recently picked up embroidery. I’ve finished two sampler hoops so far, and I really love it. Today, I am adding flowers to my Title Fight hoop. I have already put “daydream tendencies” in a cute cursive font on it, and I plan to add some lazy daisy stitched flowers around it! A step towards the right direction. So far, it’s just practice, practice, practice.
Hey howdy hey! I haven’t posted in the last few days. And I wish I had some sort of cool excuse as to what I was doing, like taking a trip across the country, writing an entire novel, or saving baby cats from trees. Honestly, I was not having a very good mental health moment. I felt like I could never get up from my bed, and that I am not in the right city or doing the right things with my life. I felt stuck and terribly sad. Thankfully, I woke up this morning trying to be motivated and ready for life.
The 10th day’s challenge was no email or social media till lunch. On this day, I didn’t even WAKE UP till lunch, let alone check my email or social media. So….does that count?
Day 11 was “evaluate your commitments”. I barely have any commitments. So it took a while for me to think about this, which I guess is the point. I’ve narrowed it down to: school, bachelor’s degree ASAP, my boyfriend, this blog, my film photography, general health, and well-being. Those are the things I’m really committed to. I am so committed to school, it’s just an unquestionable thing for me. I want to get a degree as fast as I can. I really want to take community college classes to get ahead as much as I can. My boyfriend is something that I am committed to, as I want to make our relationship happy and healthy and long-lasting. I’ve been writing on here daily for the last week or so (except for these last 3 days), and plan on covering every concert I go to. I love taking pictures, I will always set aside some money to keep that passion going. I am always going to try to be the best me that I can be, especially just taking care of my body and giving 100% effort.
Day 12: Define my goals for this year. Uhhh I’m 18 I don’t know what I’m eating for dinner let alone what I’m doing with this year of my life. Finish all my classes with good grades, go to 30 shows. That’s all I can even think of. Everything else seems to be up in the air.
Yesterday, I downsized my beauty collection. That really doesn’t sound very exciting, but I swear it was kind of interesting. I sometimes get overwhelmed by how much makeup I have, because there is a lot that I don’t use regularly. I end up spending a lot of money on makeup when I don’t even end up using it. This challenge basically just forced me to do what I really didn’t want to get around to doing.
I’m going to explain what products I ended up keeping in my little makeup drawer, separated by tools and then actual makeup products.
Tools (from left to right):
- Real Techniques makeup sponge. This is for blending in my foundation and concealer.
- It Cosmetics travel foundation brush. I use this for applying my blush because it’s just the perfect size for it.
- Eyeko eyelash curler. Self-explanatory.
- BH Cosmetics eyeshadow brush. I use this for blending my eyeshadow and I gotta say it does a damn good job. It’s pretty inexpensive too.
- ELF Kabuki brush. I usually use this to apply powder or blush if I’m in a pinch.
- ABH eyebrow spoolie. Hands down the best eyebrow tool I’ve ever tried, which isn’t too surprising, coming from the cult-followed brand. They’re known for their eyebrow products and this is just an amazing brush.
Products (left to right):
- ELF face powder
- NYX white eyeliner
- Limecrime Venus Palette
- Lorac Pirates of the Carribean Palette
- I can’t remember which brand this is and the label rubbed off. But it’s black kohl eyeliner.
- Tarteist Lip Paint in Rosé
- KVD lipstick in Lolita (my favorite lipstick EVER)
- KVD lipstick in Nosferatu
- KVD lipstick in Lolita 2
- Loreal Voluminous mascara (dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex)
- Too Faced Born this Way concealer in Pearl
- Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
- So Susan Blush and Glow blush in Rose Rust
- ABH Dipbrow in Dark Brown
- NYX Gotcha Covered concealer in Fair
- ELF Poreless Primer
- Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Pearl
- Urban Decay Setting Spray